Monday, 25 June 2012

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner vs. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner


Save: Maybelline Gel Eyeliner (£7.99) vs. Spend: Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner (£16.50)

I bought the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner first. I needed a waterproof eyeliner because I have really oily eyelids so no matter what I put (even waterproof products) it seem to always smudge. If I don't have waterproof make-up on it looks like I have panda eyes. 

I really like Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner (as you can see I have used more of it than Maybelline.) It is long lasting and I find the texture to be very creamy and easy to apply on the eyelid. It is really really waterproof! I tried washing it with water and soap but it will not budge! I needed to use a make-up cleanser to remove it.

What put me off Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner was the price. I was so happy when Maybelline Gel Eyeliner finally came to UK. The product is very similar to Bobbi Brown but it is alot cheaper! The container similar as well. 

In the below photo, the left line is maybelline and the right line is Bobbi Brown. Bobbi Brown is darker than maybelline and it was so much easier to apply. I felt maybelline dried up really easily (unless you put it on the heater to melt abit.) They were both waterproof as well (I was trying to wash my hand below but it would not budge, Bobbi Brown was the last one standing.)


Verdict: Buy Maybelline Gel Eyeliner. In the end, Bobbi Brown is slightly better in quality but than Maybelline is also good for what you are paying for as well. They both give the same affect and does the same job so why pay more than over a half for something that works the same? The Bobbi Brown price really put me off so i tried finding a cheaper alternative Gel Eyeliner and I think Maybelline is a good alternative.

4 comments:

  1. I'll probably invest in the Maybelline eyeliner now that I've seen this!

    P.S, new follower hun xxx

    http://laurensmacaffair.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using the bobbi brown eyeliner as well! :) Great review!

    Visit and follow my blog too?
    Dainty MD
    http://daintybabymd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...