Sunday, 17 June 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter vs. Laura Mercier Stickgloss Lip Colour


Spend: Laura Mercier Stickgloss Lip Colour Rosewater (£16.50) vs. Save: Revlon Lip Butter Peach Parfait (£7.99)

I always wanted to get a really nice moisturising natural lipstick I could wear all the time. I use to like Maybelline lipstick but when they changed to the "Colour Sensational" I was pretty disappointed (will do a slate post on the lipstick) so I decided to get a high brand instead. Laura Mercier lipstick did not disappoint me. I think it was one of the best lipstick I have ever used. It was very moisturising on my lips, the colour pigment was nice and natural, there was not a wierd scent or taste when you liked your lips. The lipstick was perfect. I even got a second one (I had to travel to another city to get it because my local area didn't have this brand!). However, wearing it so often, the price kind of put me of so I knew I had to find another lipstick as good but cheaper.

After my friend recommended the Lip Butter and seeing all the hype on internet, I had to get this lipstick since it was exactly the type of lipstick I like. Moisturising with colour. I LOVE Lip Butter. They are so much cheaper than Laura Mercier and just as good as well! I could get different colours as well without having to worry about the price as much since it was 3 for 2 in Boots.

Verdict: Save and get Revlon Lip Butter. I think High Brand Lipstick are going to be in trouble since the drugstore brands are producing really high quality lipstick and due to inflation and economic crisis and VAT increase, I assume people will prefer to get cheaper product with the same good quality. Sorry Laura Mercier but I don't think I will purchase again (unless the concept or image changes to something more attractive than I might buy it again.)


No comments:

Post a Comment