Saturday, 30 June 2012

Waterproof Test: Collection 2000, Maybelline and Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner


Maybelline Gel Eyeliner


Collection 2000 Gel Eyeliner


Bobbi Brown


 I decided to do a test on the 3 Gel Eyeliners that I have got to see which one is the most waterproof and last the longest.
The first one is Collection 2000, middle is Maybelline and the third one is Bobbi Brown.


So after rinsing it through the tap the result came out. 


Verdict: To be honest, all three of them was really hard to wash with water. I was proper rubbing them off as well but it won't budge. As you can see they are all quite waterproof but Bobbi Brown is the best (I'm not that surprised, I mean you get what you pay for). Maybelline is faded but you can still see the line and then next is Collection 2000. So the theory is the more you pay for the better the quality is. Which one would I buy? I think it really is between Collection 2000 and maybelline but I think I like Collection 2000 in terms of application because the texture is really creamy whether as Maybelline the texture thicken and became hard (I had to heat it to melt it).

12 comments:

  1. Why did you melt it?

    I can't say for the Collection eyeliner, but the Maybelline and BB work equally the same so women should definitely buy the Maybelline one! It's more than half the price.

    I always press black eye shadow over my gel eyeliner and blend it in with the eyeshadows I've already applied above. It makes it look softer than a hard edge.



    I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol when you melt the gel (by putting it on top of a heater) it makes it cream and easier to apply on the eye. You should try it s-J I remember leavin it to long and forgot about it but the texture was good x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo, i have that bobbi brown gel liner! it really works great :D thanks for the great review :) if you like my blog too, do you want to follow each other? xoxo jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try out the Super Liner Gel Intenza by L'Oreal! I am using it at the moment and I LOVE IT! It stays put even in the crazy hot humid weather in Brunei. Also, after sweating like a crazy cow my liner is still perfect! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? oh can that be in my list of £30? haha. Thanks for the comment ;) xxx

      Delete
    2. Haha, I just realise you can get it in the UK. Doh! Thanks anyway Amelia! x

      Delete
  5. I've heard such fantastic things about the Bobbi Brown - I really do want to try it, except it is on the pricey side. It definitely seems to have performed the best in your test :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bobbi Brown is good but I recommend other gel eyeliner since it performs just as well but it is good for a one off buy if you have never used it before. x

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the collection 2000 eyeliner and i love the texture its so creamy and with shadow on top it lasts all day
    im glad that it is comparable to the other two yet the price is so much cheaper:)

    smileblossom114.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...