Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Review: Skinfood Red Orange Jelly BB Cream SPF20 PA++

Product: Skinfood Red Orange Jelly BB Creaam SPF 20 ++
Price: £8-£10
Colour:  Light Beige No.1 or Natural Beige No.2
Where to purchase: Korea, Ebay

I finally got my hands on this bb cream. I tried to get my friends to help me purchase this in Hong Kong but they say that they only sell it in Korea. I remember I first heard from it from oiseau88 from youtube. I get influenced really easily and she kept raving about this product so I thought hmm... I'm going to try it myself.


The packaging is not very good since I prefer tubes and squeezing the product out. The texture reminds me of thick face cream. It is not really jelly like (obviously). I fell like it is a cream but with colour. There is also a citrus smell to the product. I think it is a love it or hate it. I applied this with a foundation brush and it does spread really easily.

Before:

After:

Unsurprisingly, the product has made my face look whiter (I think its all the SPF ingredients it has). However, I think this is one of my favourite asian bb cream. The reason for this is because the product made my skin feel really soft and it gived a really nice matte finish. I expected my face to look oily after this product but it mattified my face.

Verdict: 8/10. 
Very nice bb cream.  Some might think it cheapens the product for putting the scent but I think it matches the concept "orange". I dislike how it makes my skin look so white though (however compared to skin79 it is not too bad). Will I purchase it again? I think this bb cream will last me awhile so I'm not sure yet......have to see if I use it a lot in future and if I do, I might purchase it again.

16 comments:

  1. wow i never knew that skin food bb cream has jelly type.. all i know is just their usual bb cream in tube packaging. thanx for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coverage looks good~
    What other benefits does this BB cream claim to have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it doesn't really say, its mostly in korean but I think it's just like most other bb creams hope this helps x

      Delete
  3. Hey thanks for the comment Rini Cescillia.

    Amyboo: It doesn't really say the benefits but it just says from the website that it hydrates the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i watch oiseau88 too :) love her videos.
    I really want to try it too since she always used to talk about it, she seems to use the holika holika one now though:( hows the coverage of the bb cream and which site did you buy it from?
    thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting Smileblossom114! I did not know she used holika holika, haven't watched much of her latest video. But thanks for informing me!
    I bought it from ebay from rubyruby76. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting product! I love the scent of citrus/oranges and this looks like a good product to try. Any idea why it is called jelly? and do you think it would work on people with combination oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This works well for combination and oily skin. I think its a cream but it "jiggles" abit lol x

      Delete
  7. Oh I was thinking to buy it ,but I don't like orange scent so much .So I m still unsure if I should do it OAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I think you should try other bb cream since there is so much more out there and better. I bought this cause it seem quite interesting the concept. x

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing with us your very detailed review of this Skinfood product. I will wait for your another review of beauty products. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the comment! Hopefully do more on skinfood :) x

      Delete
  9. Hello! Thanks for your review. May I ask which BB cream do you prefer? This one or the Missha Perfect Cover one? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like Missha Perfect Cover more I think I might do a post on this. Thanks for the inspiration. x

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the review:3 What shade do you have because I'm planning to buy it<333

    ReplyDelete