Sunday, 7 October 2012

Review: Maybelline SuperStay 24H Foundation



Product: Maybelline SuperStay 24H
Description: Micro-flex Stretch Formula Non-Transer 24HR Makeup SPF19
Colour: 021 Nude
Coverage: Medium to Full
Price: £6-£10

Boots were doing a 3 for 2 in Maybelline products so I got this foundation. I love using foundation which are long lasting. I wanted to give this a go since the product description claims that it lasts 24HR. I don't really keep my make-up that long or sleep with my make-up on so I did a test for 8-9 hours.

The product comes with a pump with a lid and the container is glass. 


The texture is liquid. So I did a test to see if the foundation will last for 24 hours.

Before:


After:
 

My face does not have a matte look anymore. It has become a bit shiny. The after photo makes my face looks like a healthy glow but my T-zone was quite shiny when lights were shining on my face. I think it is just because of my skin type.  I was actually very impressed with the coverage though since it was long lasting.

Advantages
- lasting coverage
- easy to spread on
- foundation is buildable

Disadvantages
- not suitable for oily skin
- might feel a bit thick on the face
 
Rating: 7/10
I actually quite like this foundation for it's long lasting effect. The foundation covered my blemishes. However, my face got a bit oily at the T-zone area. I still need to find a foundation with a long lasting matte finish.



6 comments:

  1. I love your reviews!
    Thanks for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the us version had a pump

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a new fact for me. You would think that the batch they product would all have pumps x

      Delete
  3. I found that using Gatsby oil control face wash helped a lot when it came to wearing makeup. It's a men's face wash, but it cleared my skin up a lot and reduced the amount of oil I got throughout the day. So when I wore any kind of foundation my skin didn't get as oily.

    Thanks for the review! I wanted to try this but since it feels thick on the skin I'll probably save my money. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thank you for the advice. I will look it up and check it out. :) x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...