Thursday, 8 November 2012

Review: Rimmel BB Cream 9-In-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup



Name: Rimmel BB Cream 9-In-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup
Colour: Medium
Price: £5-£7
Where to buy: Superdrug, Boots
Description:
"It's a skin perfecting super makeup! 9 in 1 results: Primes, Moisturises, Minimises pores, conceals, covers, smooths, mattifies, brightens and helps protect with SPF25."

Hi Guys!
I bought this in Superdrug a few days ago (Oh Superdrug is doing a 3 for 2 on all cosmetic makeup so grab it before the promotion goes!). I was intrigued in buying this product since Rimmel has finally realised a BB Cream.

So this has 9 results which beats maybelline 8 results (maybelline didn't state it can be used as a primer haha) All these benefits to a BB Cream is getting a bit over the top. I feel like all the BB Cream in UK are trying to show how many good function there is to it (which isn't much different to Tinted moisturiser and a foundation). In Asia Countries, BB Cream selling point was healing blemishes and whitening but Europe seems to have listed all these "benefits" making it sound like no other product does it. What is the difference between conceals and covers? 

Anyway, I'll stop slating and get back to this product. This product reminds me a lot of the Maybelline BB Cream. The packaging is the same size. Its selling point is similar.


The texture of the BB Cream is similar to Maybelline. When I applied it on, it had a matte feel on my face. There is a scent to it which reminds me of Baby Johnson and Missha BB Cream. It smells really good actually.

Before:

After:

So it smoothed my skin, making it look more youthful, it got rid of the oily parts, it covered my blemishes, it gave a natural glow on my cheek, it hydrates my skin leaving it feeling really soft. My face looks whiter after applying as well (maybe this is the brightening effect!). A very good BB Cream I must say BUT after a few hours my face got kind of greasy. This BB Cream didn't really last on my skin. My face actually feels quite greasy as well when I touch it. I don't know if my skin is glowing or shiny.

Advantages:
- good price for a BB Cream
- Easy to apply on the face
- Does what it say it will do on the description.

Disadvantages:
- does not last long
- my face feels greasy.

Rating: 7/10
 I would recommend this BB Cream for people who have normal or dry skin but this isn't really for people with oily skin. There are some good parts in this BB Cream but I think Maybelline one is better then this and I would recommend purchasing Maybelline BB Cream rather then this one.

16 comments:

  1. Looks really nice on you... glowing is the word! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that review, I use the Garnier and have been thinking of trying another brand of BB cream. I might give that Maybelline one a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think Garnier is one of the good BB Creams. Maybelline is also very good as well for oily skin. x

      Delete
  3. Ohhh that foundation turned out great on you!

    I'm your newest follower and can't wait to read more product reviews from you :)

    Follow back and we can stay in touch? Either way, have a great day!

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment and follow :)

      Delete
  4. One of the best information. Totally agree with the discussion about the skin cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. This is really a good information. :)

    http://the-disney-girl-warrior.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dear follower, have you noticed that my blog URL has changed? :) There you go: http://yejenny.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rimmel bb cream review is shared in the post here. Have a look at it

    ReplyDelete
  8. am going to buy a BB cream and it is tinted and I heard that I should apply a powder on top. I don't know what to apply on top! Will any translucent powder work?
    Thanks in advance:
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. What skin type do you have? If you have oily and combination then powder is good (although I have oily skin and powder doesn't last me that long either). I think translucent powder is better since it is just a small amount on the brush to sweep it across the face and not too heavy as well, I find using press powder makes it seem thick and my face gets oily quicker. Hope this helps x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...