Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

by - June 17, 2012


Product: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB
Price: £7.99
Where to buy: Boots or Superdrug UK
Coverage: Light
Skin Type: Any

Before:                                                                       After:

Maybelline released a BB Cream in Asia last year however they did not release any in Europe so I assume this is the first BB Cream that they have produced. It is suppose to be an 8-1 skin perfector (more than most BB Cream):

1. Creates a natural glow (tick)
2. Compliments skin tone (tick)
3. SPF30 UV protection (Do you really need that in the UK? Not sure if it's true and don't know if I can try it unless I am on holiday in Hong Kong)
4. Hydrates all day (tick)
5. Blurs imperfection (From my photos you an still see my imperfections)
6. Oil free, non-greasy (tick)
7. Looks visible smooth (tick)
8. Feels fresh (I guess it doesn't feel heavy on my skin)

I really like this product. There are 4 to choose from: fair, medium, dark and universal glow. I got medium. I like how it blends in to my skin and adjust to the correct skin tone. It is like a tinted moisturiser. it did not make my face oily after a few hours. The problem is that it did not cover some of my blemishes on my skin . This is perfect for a natural look or for people who does not like foundation on their face. I prefer the Western BB Cream to Asian because they tend to make my face look ghastly white.


Verdict: 7/10. I like this BB Cream as it gives you a natural healthy glow to your face. If it is your first time to purchase a BB Cream I would recommend this. If you like medium to full coverage make-up, I would not recommend this.

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Haven't seen this yet in Australia!
    But I want to try it :)
    Thanks for the review!
    Followed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and follow :) x

      Delete
  2. you have great skin, you don't need makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks for the compliment, I think it's just that day, I have quite spotty skin in real life x

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try it out, but I think I'm gonna look for something else. I want something that has slightly more coverage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I think you might like Garnier BB Cream since it is more buildable x

      Delete
  4. I also did a review on this! I found that the glow didn't last very long though >.< lol. It's great that theres another UK blogger on here :) it's always nice to see what other products can be purchased in the UK. Also, I agree with the comment above! you have great skin!

    Ploy <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coverage on Maybelline's BB cream is a little light, but great for the summer.
    I'm not sure if you have tried Revlon's Colorstay Whipped creme foundation. It is light in texture and has medium coverage. It feels very nice on the skin and makes it look flawless. More info here if you are interested!
    http://emtiny.blogspot.com/2012/07/revlon-colorstay-whipped-creme.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently saw this BB Cream...but I always thought that American BB Cream won't be like those asian ones,who brighten up your face or isn't so sticky. But seems that I am wrong ! Migh buy it maybe.Thanks for the Review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think the product is similar. I was considering doing a Asian and Non-Asian BB Cream review to tell the difference and similarity so stay tune! x

      Delete